Thursday, July 12, 2007

Light posting for the next few weeks or so.

Let me just say, in relation to this post here and here, that my first Sunday back at my old Lutheran church here that people remembered me and asked how I had been with genuine warmth. In Sunday school we had a presentation by a two members (mother and daughter) about their up-coming AIDS hospice care-mission trip to Kenya, linked with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Kenya (a church in communion with us) and funded in part by contributions from the church and members. There was also a brief announcement about the calling of a synodically trained teacher for the pre-school.

Then the pastor gave a very well prepared and thoughtful class in his ongoing series on miracles. His preaching that day too was challenging and engaging focusing on Galatians: "May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Since my family hadn't got back yet, I was invited over to a fellow-parishioner's house that Sunday for dinner and had a great evening.

All Lutheran churches have problems in some areas, some Lutheran churches have problems in all areas. But not all Lutheran churches have problems in all areas.
|